Meriel Mitsakos: 20 Years in the Water!
Meriel Mitsakos: Beverly Hils Invitational, Lane 5
Click any thumbnail to launch gallery
Why choose me for swim lessons?
I love swimming and I love kids!
Your kids will be merry swimmers!
- I am a certified Water Safety Instructor.
- I am a lifeguard and swim instructor for the City of Santa Monica (Santa Monica Swim Center). Past employment includes Team Santa Monica and the Culver City (Municipal Plunge).
- I teach swim lessons privately and in groups from ages 4-60.
- I have taught “Mommy and Me” and water safety classes.
- I taught Junior Lifeguard prep classes at Mira Costa High School for three years.
- 20 years of competitive swimming.
- I have won eight medals in my 10 years as a Junior Olympian.
- I was captain of the Mira Costa High School swim team and I qualified for CIF all four years, winning a medal at the championships in 2012.
- I am a National and Regional Gold Medalist, United States Lifeguard Association (USLA) Junior Lifeguards, and winner of multiple medals.
Credentials and Accomplishments
- Certified in Lifeguarding / First Aid / CPR / AED
- Certified Water Safety Instructor
- Certified in blood-borne pathogen and emergency oxygen training.
- National Gold Medalist, United States Lifeguard Association (USLA) Junior Lifeguards (winner of multiple medals)
- Regional Gold Medalist, California Surf Lifesaving Association (CSLA) Junior Lifeguards; qualifier since age 10 (won multiple medals)
- MVP, Los Angeles County Junior Lifeguards
- Junior Olympian, Southern California Swimming: qualifier for 10 years; won 8 medals
- CIF Division 2 qualifier, four years; medalist, relay, Mira Costa Varsity Swimming
- Varsity Letterman, Mira Costa Swim Team
- High School Record holder
- Leadership Award, Mira Costa Varsity Swim Team
- Excellence Award, Mira Costa Varsity Swim Team
- Most Inspirational, Mira Costa Varsity Swim Team
- Kai Sports All-America Open Water Swim Racing, First Team (Competed in several open water distance races, including Waikiki Roughwater Swim, Seal Beach swim, Pier-to-Pier)
- Member of the National Youth Choir; performed at Carnegie Hall
- Chorister Award, Mira Costa Advanced Women’s Choir